Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Into Fort Bragg

We left San Francisco in the fog and it never let up all day. Just a cold dreary day.

At least the roads were fun, even if it was one of those days. You know how sometimes everything is in synch and everything just falls into place like it was meant to be? Well in wasn't one of those... LOL

The bike was feeling top heavy (more than normal) and It was spitting and backfiring on deceleration and I just wasn't in synch with it. Lori was trooper, she just sat on the back and was quiet. I think she was just thinking " I hope he doesn't kill me" I think I wasn't into it mentally.

After about 3 hours of driving up Hwy 1 on all the twisties, I turned on the tunes and that helped. I really miss my music when I don't have it on for a while. I think it settled me and the bike. LOL

The roads are great and I could ride out here everyday. It is a blast. The coast is beautiful and I tried to pay attention as much as I could without driving off the road.


We stopped for a late lunch in a town called Gualala at a place called "Bones Roadhouse" It has the best BBQ. The guy that owns it does it himself and does it right. They also have some great burgers. The smallest is 1/4 lb with all the trimmings and he has them up to 1.5 of burger. I had a burger and the BBQ smelled sooooo good, I had to try the wings too. Great smoke flavor and just the right kick of spices.

If you drive through, try it. You won't be disappointed!

From there we drove up to Fort Bragg and got a room for the night. Time to do laundry. As a side note, when on the bike, make sure when you do laundry, that all the clothes are totally dry. After a day of two in a closed bag, damp clothes don't smell so good.

Heading into the redwoods tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment