Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home!

Well we are home safe and sound. The last two days were spent running down to see Shannon, Kevin, Tony and Dallas in Lewiston, Id. and saying Hi, and then driving through Washington to home today. We made it home about 3:00 and are just relaxing. Our Baby's (dogs) and fine and love having us back. We sure did miss them.

All in all it was a great trip. We did 7860 miles in 17 days and met some awesome people in New York. (All that attended were just the friendliest people. We miss them already)

We got to see New York and Washington D.C. and the Shenandoah Valley just felt like home to me.

We missed all the bad weather coming and going. We only had 1 rain event going into Nashville and it was no big deal.
I got to hit the missing states, so I have driven my motorcycle in all lower 48 states and D.C. I am going to Alaska Later this year.

I learned that I am still over packing. For me, I can get by with 2 pairs of Jeans, 4 shirts and three underpants, and 4 pairs of socks and that would be good for any trip. The rest is stuff that Lori needed and spare gear.

The 1300 is an awesome bike, It just runs and runs and runs. I never added any oil, just gas the whole trip. It has a sweet spot at 77-80 mph (actual, not indicated) when you hit it the bike just surges forward and settles into a sweet purr that can go on, and on, until you run out of gas. It just runs effortless.

Carving the canyons coming down LOLO pass was such fun and the General tire in no way hampered the bikes handling at all.

I am sorry that I have not responded to all he comments on the pictures and the blog, but in my defense, I have been busy riding. I will try and respond in the next couple of days. I am relaxing tonight.

Thank you all for following along. We are already looking forward to two more major trips for next year. The meet and greet for sure and one other. Maybe a cross Canada trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment