Sunday, June 24, 2012

We left Stanley to bright sky's and cold temps. About 5 miles down the road we passed a sign that said "last gas for 62 miles" It was a good thing that Lori noticed because I didn't. I had enough, but Lori and Dirtball would have been real close. It would have been 215 miles on that tank. So, we turned around and went back and got gas.

The ride out of town was beautiful and the mountains can captivate you. We stopped at a couple of turnouts and just enjoyed the views.
 We stopped in at Sun Valley for a bit to look around and I can tell you, it is not my kinda town. Too pretentious. I am not a fan of phony people and that town is full of them.

Once we got down a little further it started to get hot and we started across the crater to peak Hwy. There was about 20 miles of black rock that kinda looked like the surface of the moon. (like I have been there... LOL) It was interesting. until we got to the other side and it got hotter!


We passed right by a few electrical reactors and the rest area's in the area have signs showing the amount of radiation in the air. Makes you kinda wonder... Hmmm... :)
The last 100 miles or so into Idaho falls was just plain Hot! My bike was showing between 95 and 96 degree's all the way into town. We stopped at the first Mcdonald's we saw and got Ice cream so I could use the wifi to get a room. I had just finished the reservation and it was now showing no more rooms available. There was something about the railroad that had all the rooms booked.
right now we are relaxing and enjoying the air conditioning.
It will be great to see everybody again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment