Sunday, June 22, 2014

Another hot day, but fun!

We left Salt Lake City this morning with a sunny sky and warm temps. It was a great morning to be on the bikes.

 After a left turn at Provo we hit the canyons and did some canyon carving for a while.



As we approached Soldier summit every vehicle that was coming at us was flashing it's lights. I figured they has the police patrolling by the summit.

Nope...

We came around the corner to find a Truck/trailer rig on it's side all the way across the road. It took all 5 lanes and completely blocked all the lanes. The police routed us onto the shoulder and around the accident. It was quite a sight to see.

A little further along as we were coming into Price, Ut, Lori was getting nervous because we were on a downhill with big sweeping corners and she doesn't like downhills that much. She got over it for the most parts when she saw I was driving the corners one handed while taking pictures as we went. I guess she figured if I could do it one handed, she shouldn't have a problem when using both hands.

From there it went from a nice warm day to HOT!. the temps jumped to 95 and the sun just never let up from Price, to Green River and east on I-70 all the way into Grand Junction.

We arrived into Grand Junction and the hotel to find Larry and Dixie had already arrived. We Said Hi and went in to check in. The young lady at the counter told me I had no reservation, I was not real happy, but I had the confirmation on my cell phone, so I went back out to the bike and got it and went back in. She looked and looked up the confirmation and told me she had some bad news. The reservation was for the next night. I asked if she could move it and she told me no, as it was all done online. By this time I was about ready to call Hotels.com to see what was up and she said "but I have some good news!" I asked her what it was and she said "your friends are pranking you!"  and Larry just busted up laughing behind me. Yah, they got me... I owe you one Larry :-)

After a short break to cool down and relax and we went down to Larry and Dixies room and bs'd for a while until it was time to go to dinner. We always have a good time with Mark and also with Larry and Dixie so when we all get together it is memorable for sure!

We finished the evening up by sitting around the pool and just enjoying each others company.

Tomorrow we go down the million dollar hwy and into Durango to meet the rest of the gang.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I can only imagine the fury after riding in that hot sun to be told no room...I would had flipped out on that poor girl...however that is a funny story! Good one Larry Stayner...see you all this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete