Thursday, June 26, 2014

A short day and a relaxing dinner.

The group got together and we headed out to Mesa Verde to see some sights. the ride was nice, the weather has been perfect and all was well with the world...

Until we got inside the park, and taking off from the ranger station, just as we got rolling, the clutch handle just pulled into the bars with no resistance. I knew instantly what had happened, the clutch cable had broken.

I figured, not a big deal, I just upshifted into 3rd gear and stayed there for the next 20 miles until we got to the topo of the mountain. When we pulled into the parking lot and I dug out my tool kit to see what I could do. It didn't take long and I was up and running again. I decided to head back to the motel, just in case and I stopped by the hardware store to get a few things, just in case.

I called around and the nearest clutch cable was in Reno Nevada, We will stop and pick it up on the way through.

After a relaxing day the whole 1300 Tourer group headed out to a local western BBQ  and show. The food was great and the entertainment was outstanding with old country songs, some comedy and great Fiddle, Guitar and Chello playing. It was a great show!


If you ever get down into this area, go to the show, it is well worth it.

 http://www.bardchuckwagon.com/

After a nice ride back to town, it is time to call it a night. Thursday, we are just relaxing until the afternoon when the whole group has a bbq here at the motel and starts to say goodbye for another year. I cannot say enough about this group of people we meet up with every year, They are the best!


We head out Friday morning and start wandering west.

No comments:

Post a Comment