Monday, August 27, 2012

Lake Tahoe

What can I say, it truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

We left reno this morning intending to take the Mt Rose Hwy over the mountains into Incline Village. I had checked and Nevada transpotation had said they would be all finished up by Aug 25th.. NOT!  The Hwy was closed, so we had to take I395 down to Sacramento and then Hwy50 up to Incline Village.

From there we wandered down the west side of the lake and into South Lake Tahoe for lunch.

Well I did it, it is over.... I layed the bike over in a gravel parking lot. I hit a pothole in the gravel lot and it shifted the bike. I was going slow, so I stopped and put my foot down, but it was over the pothole. The bike leaned over too far and my foot slid on the gravel and over it went. Embarrassing, but no damage. I thought I was going to bust something picking it up though. The bike fully loaded, without us on it, is about 900 lbs.

I will be more careful next time... LOL

From Lake Tahoe we went south on Hwy 89 and let me tell you, that is a beautiful drive with the last section where it meets back with I-395 being a motorcyclist's dream. The pavement is flawless and the curves just a joy to drive. I was having a great time and just enjoying the ride, when I get this tap on my helmet and Lori saying "you're scaring me"  Ok, Ok, I backed off... A little   -   LOL

The rest of the ride was just normal Hwy after that. We skirted the edge of Yosemite and got to see some of the views, but as it was in the high 90's by that time, we were ready to get off the bike.

Tomorrow we go into Corona and relax. A short day.

Here are a few pictures of Lake Tahoe that Lori took form the back of the bike.











No comments:

Post a Comment